Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields.
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
About the Language Lab:
The UM6P Language Lab is responsible for the delivery of diverse language programs, taken by UM6P undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The Language Lab aims to ensure that all UM6P students obtain the necessary language proficiency (and intercultural competencies) to be able to succeed in their academic studies and future careers, as well as providing opportunities for students to enhance their abilities to pursue independent lifelong language learning.
The Language Lab is also in charge of developing and daily operating an Academic Writing Center and a Translation & Conference Interpretation Center.
Besides UM6P students, the Language Lab also supports the language courses of UM6P community (staff and families) and UM6P ecosystem.
So far, UM6P Language Lab staff consists of approximately 4 full-time english language instructor, an additional 35 part-time language teachers across an array of foreign languages, and 4 administrative staff. With the significant increase in the number of UM6P students, the language lab’s faculty and staff is expected to increase considerably in the coming months. Several recruitments are already underway in this direction.
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES
UM6P is looking for a tenured professor (open rank position) in French language and literature to join the dynamic and passionate Language Lab team as soon as possible.
If you are passionate about the French language and have a creative and motivating approach to teaching, this is the opportunity for you.
The essential tasks of the position are as follows. Other responsibilities may be assigned in addition.
You will be at the heart of our mission to inspire and guide our students as they learn to speak and write French. Your enthusiasm for the French language and culture will enable them to immerse themselves fully in this learning process.
- Creating a captivating learning environment: Through innovative and varied teaching methods, you will arouse students’ curiosity and commitment. You’ll help them acquire a solid command of the language, fluency in written and spoken French and an openness to French literature and culture.
- Collaborating for a holistic education: In close collaboration with school and department heads, as well as with your teaching colleagues, you will develop programs and content adapted to the students’ learning objectives.
- Nurture Critical Thinking: Through the study of literature, language, rhetoric and creative writing, you will help students develop their thinking skills and exercise their critical thinking, essential assets for their academic and professional background.
- Personalized follow-up of students: You will continuously assess the progress of students and provide them with personalized support to guide them with kindness towards their full potential.
- Contribute to the evolution of the University: Your expertise and ideas will be invaluable on the committees to which you will be appointed. You’ll be able to actively contribute to the development of the Language Lab and the University as a whole.
The successful candidate will demonstrate i) the ability to work with diverse student profiles, ii) experience using technology to enhance instruction, and iii) a willingness to help expand Language Lab programs and activities.
- PhD in French language or literature.
- Previous experience as a French teacher in a higher education context.
- Knowledge of different teaching methods. Knowledge of CEFR proficiency levels.
- Dedication to students and education. Ability to awaken and encourage the desire to learn.
- Ability to adopt defined teaching programs, as well as create new ones.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team spirit, creativity, flexibility and dynamism. Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English (minimum CEFR B proficiency)
- Knowledge/experience of the Moroccan higher education context. Understanding of the national curriculum and French language requirements.