Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields.
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
About the Language Lab:
The UM6P Language Lab is responsible for the delivery of diverse language programs, taken by UM6P undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The Language Lab aims to ensure that all UM6P students obtain the necessary language proficiency (and intercultural competencies) to be able to succeed in their academic studies and future careers, as well as providing opportunities for students to enhance their abilities to pursue independent lifelong language learning.
The Language Lab is also in charge of developing and daily operating an Academic Writing Center and a Translation & Conference Interpretation Center.
Besides UM6P students, the Language Lab also supports the language courses of UM6P community (staff and families) and UM6P ecosystem.
So far, UM6P Language Lab staff consists of approximately 4 full-time english language instructor, an additional 35 part-time language teachers across an array of foreign languages, and 4 administrative staff. With the significant increase in the number of UM6P students, the language lab’s faculty and staff is expected to increase considerably in the coming months. Several recruitments are already underway in this direction.
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES
UM6P Language Lab is seeking a permanent faculty member (Open rank Faculty position) in English Language and Litterature to begin as soon as possible.
Essential missions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
We are looking for a motivated English teacher to join our bright team. If you love English and have the ability to teach the language with patience and tact, let’s meet. Your main goal will be to create a supportive learning environment which will help your students meet their learning goals. Through interesting and diverse methods, you’ll teach them the important rules of reading, writing, and speaking in English. You’ll oversee their progress by tracking their assignment and exam grades, in order to provide useful feedback.
- Work with the campus school and department chairs and other faculty and staff as appropriate to develop, assess and modify course and program goals, objectives, methods, and content. Research new language teaching methods.
- Work in transversality with professors from other departments in order to offer specific teaching according to specialties (English for medecine, English for engineers, …).
- Help students develop skills in writing, communication and critical thinking, through the study of literature, language, rhetoric, creative writing,…
- Conduct on-going evaluation of student progress and maintain records of student course/class performance.
- Actively contribute on any appointed committee, utilizing expertise and insights to make meaningful contributions and further the goals of the Language Lab and more globally of the University.
The successful candidate will show evidence of ability to work with a diverse population of students, experience using technology to enhance instruction, and a willingness to assist with the expanding programs and activities of UM6P Language Lab.
- Hold a doctorate in English language or literature
- Previous experience as an English teacher in higher education context
- Knowledge of various teaching methods. Knowledge of CEFR proficiency levels
- Dedication to students and education. Ability to arouse and encourage the desire to learn
- Ability to adopt defined teaching programs
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team spirit, creativity, flexibility and dynamism. Works efficiently under very tight deadlines
- Ability in french language (minimum proficiency CEFR B)
- Knowledge/experience of Morrocan Higher education context. Understanding of the national curriculum and English language requirements